Consumers & Families
County of San Diego Mental Health Plan (MHP)
Behavioral Health Services (BHS) are available to people with Medi-Cal or without health insurance, including children, young people, adults and older adults in San Diego County. Sometimes these services are available through a physician. Sometimes they are provided by a mental health specialist, and are called 'specialty' mental health services. Specialty mental health services are provided through the County of San Diego Mental Health Plan (MHP). The San Diego County MHP operates under rules set by the State of California and the Federal government.
The MHP is committed to providing quality care to all persons experiencing serious and persistent mental health problems. Behavioral health services are confidential and are based on the belief that people can and do recover from mental illness. Even though asking for help may be a challenge, reaching out for help is just a phone call away.
- Mental Health Plan (MHP) Beneficiary Handbook (pdf) English
- Manual de Beneficiario de Plan de Salud Mental (MHP) (pdf) Spanish
- Mental Health Plan (MHP) Handbuk ng Benepisyaryo (pdf) Tagalog
- Chương trình Sức khỏe Tâm thần (MHP) Cẩm Nang cho Người Thụ Hưởng (pdf) Vietnamese
- (MHP) طرح سلامت و بھداشت روان کتابچھ راھنما خدمات تخصصی تندرستی روان مرکز بھداشت و خدمات انسانی (pdf) Farsi
- (MHP) خطة الصحة العقلیة كتیب المستفیدین خدمات الصحة العقلیة الاختصاصیة (pdf) Arabic
Quick Guide to Mental Health Services
- Quick Guide to MH Services - English (pdf)
- Quick Guide to MH Services - Spanish (pdf)
- Quick Guide to MH Services - Tagalog (pdf)
- Quick Guide to MH Services - Vietnamese (pdf)
- Quick Guide to MH Services - Arabic (pdf)
- Quick Guide to MH Services - Farsi (pdf)
Quick Guide to Mental Health Service - Audio Files
Grievance and Appeals
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has"
- Margaret Mead